Product Name: Zinnia Double Benary’s Giant Mix Flower Seeds
Brand : Benary Seeds
Qty : 1000 Seeds
Growing On :Grow on at 60-65 °F (15-18 °C) for 3-4 weeks. Temperatures below 60 °F (15 °C) delays flowering. Provide good ventilation. Fertilize weekly at 200 ppm nitrogen in a well-balanced mix. Use of calcium nitrate will improve stem strength. For cut flower production, thin seedlings or plant plugs at 8-10″
(20-25 cm) in rows
- Uses: Plants for bedding, pot plants, beautiful plants, that attract bees and butterflies, cut flower production
- Exposure: Sun
- Garden height:39″ / 100 cm
- Crop time:9-10 weeks
- Sow time: Indoor forcing: February-March for flowering in pots from July onwards; Outdoor forcing (frost free): End May, can be sown directly into field
- Sowing method:1 seed per plug
- Germination*:7-10 days at 68-72 °F (20-22 °C). Higher temperatures can reduce germination and cause week seedlings. Sow seeds in a well-drained media low in nutrients with a pH between 5.8-6.2. Cover seed lightly with vermiculite.
- 9-12″ x 12″ (23-30 cm x 30 cm) spacing in beds.
- Media: Use a well-drained, growing perennial substrate with 15-30 % clay, 1-1,5 kg/m³ complete balanced fertilizer, iron-chelate, micronutrients, pH: 5.8-6.2. Field: loamy, sandy, humus soils with good drainage. Disinfect the soils in greenhouse or polytunnel before planting. Standard fertilization: 80-100 g/m² of
- a slow release fertilizer.
- Temperature: Grow at 15-16 °C or outdoors. temperatures below 10 °C promote yellow leaves. Zinnia does tolerate high temperatures of 25 °C, but does not tolerate frost. It is recommended to harden for selling the plants slowly at 12-14 °C. In field Zinnia prefers warm and sunny location. Protect the plants against wind