FENUGREEK SEED SHINE – KESAR
- 12 kg/acre For sowing one acre land, seed rate of 12 kg/acre is used. Fenugreek can be rotated with Kharif crops like Paddy, maize, green gram, fodder crops etc.
|GROWING CONDITION||Prepare the bed|
|GERMINATION RATE||80 to 90 %|
|KEY FEATURE||All time showing leaves harvesting 25 to 35 days, Tolerant to disease and virus higher production.|
|Description||All time showing leaves harvesting 25 to 35 days, Tolerant to disease and virus higher production.|
|REQUIERED FERTILIZER||Test fertilizes|
- all time showing
- leaves Harvesting 25 to 30 days,
- tolerant to disease and virus
Fenugreek/Methi seeds can be sown throughout the year.
- Fenugreek seeds can be sown directly in containers or on raised beds.
- Select ashallow container with a minimum depth of 5 inches & bigger spread area and uniform drainage holes at the bottom
- Fill the container with a medium of your choice.
- Ideal growing medium to sow methi/fenugreek seeds is 2 part garden soil & 1 part any organic manure or 1 part garden soil, 1 part Coco Peat & 1 part Vermicompost.
- Sprinkle the Fenugreek seeds evenly throughout the surface. Do not worry about spacing.
- Cover the seeds with surrounding medium.
- Water the seed bed immediately by a light shower with a watering can.
- Fill the cells/cups with a moist coco-peat medium
Fenugreek seeds will start germinating within first 6 days.
- Baby methi plant will be visible in 10 days.
- Fenugreek/Methi can grow well under partial as well as full sunlight.
- Water your fenugreek plant everyday in the form of a light shower with a watering can.
- Look for the early signs fungal infection/ insect infestation. If you notice any symptoms, spray appropriate medicines immediately.
- About 3-4 weeks after sowing, fenugreek greens can be harvested simply by pulling out by the roots.
- To grow Fenugreek/Methi micro greens indoors, use a flat container. Sow – scatter fenugreek seeds in a crowded manner. You can harvest fenugreek micro greens within 10 days by uprooting baby plants.